I recently enlisted the help of one of the best trial consultants in the country, Becky Jones of Modlin & Jones Trial Consulting in Northern Kentucky, to help me come up with some Top 5 lists for Kentucky personal injury lawyers. Here is some her advice.
TOP 5 TRUTHS ABOUT JURORS
1. Don’t ask jurors to give your client the “benefit of the doubt” unless you want them to doubt your client.
2. Arguing that the law “only” requires proof “by a preponderance of the evidence” is like telling the jury that the plaintiff doesn’t have a lot of solid evidence.
3. People use their life experiences to fill-in-the-blanks in your case.
4. People don’t enter the courtroom looking for an opportunity to give away money.
5. It’s not what the law allows BUT WHAT JUSTICE REQUIRES that compels jurors to act on behalf of the plaintiff.
Becky S. Jones
Modlin & Jones Trial Consulting
130 Dudley Road, Suite 120
Edgewood, KY 41017
(859) 341-7173 Fax